Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

Wagon-Owner no more !

Discussion about the Wagon R

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

Re: Wagon-Owner no more !

Postby IanL » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Well, Alan, if you succumb to the current push to electric cars (no pun intended :D ), you'll find yourself driving a gearless car, which is the same experience as an automatic, as electric systems can be designed to deliver pretty well constant torque over the entire speed range.

I am a late conversion to automatic. My previous experience of them was not good - jerky changes and inappropriate shifts, but my daughter bought an automatic Peugeot 206 a couple of years ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. The shifts are almost imperceptible, and it even changes down for braking pretty well when you would in a manual. So I went out and treated my self to an automatic 206cc -open top that closes at the touch of a button - what more could you ask? Mine even has a "Tiptronic control", so you can drive it like a manual if you wish, but I hardly ever use it, because the box uncannily changes exactly where it should. Magic 8)
IanL
Awesome

Re: Wagon-Owner no more !

Postby ladypenelope » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:43 pm

alanbirt wrote:Thank you for this information. You have all contributed to my 'stock of knowledge' which is what I had hoped for. At 80 years old and having never driven an automatic car, I consider I am too old to learn "new tricks" so I shall not be changing my vehicle. In any case, I hope my manual Celerio will last long enough 'to see me out' (as the saying goes ! )

Look at it this way, you don't need to learn new tricks - just cut back on some you use. I tell you that from experience. All you do is throttle, steer and brake. :wink:
As I get older I cut back on some of the things I do. :(
ladypenelope
Addicted

Previous

Return to Suzuki Wagon R