Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

2002 2l hdi grand vitara diesel knock and pouring out grey s

Discussion about the Grand Vitara 4x4 range, including the GV1600 - 3 door, GV2000 - 5 door and XL-7 - 7 seater (1998 to 2005 models)

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade, IanL

2002 2l hdi grand vitara diesel knock and pouring out grey s

Postby mudda » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:42 pm

HI I have a 2002 2l hdi grand vitara with the RHZ (single cam )
engine About 3 weeks ago I was driving across a cross roads and it started pouring out grey smoke from the exhaust and the engine started to rattle loudly ( diesel knock I think ) and there is a smell of unburnt diesel So I towed it home When I pull the electrical conector off number 3 injector it seems to have no effect on the way the engine is running Number 1 injector has a slight effect and only stops the engine after a period off time Number 2 cuts engine almost immediate
Number 4 almost immediately So I swoped an injector from a Peugeot 406 with number 1 and it's still same symptoms
So then I tried to get number 3 out and as you would expect it's seized I know it's a common issue for them to be seized so before I go and get someone to pull it is there any one who would have any other answers as to what could be wrong other than the injector gone faulty
Cheers
mudda

Return to Suzuki Grand Vitara (98-05)