Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

service manual

Discussion about the Grand Vitara 4x4 range, including the GV1600 - 3 door, GV2000 - 5 door and XL-7 - 7 seater (1998 to 2005 models)

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade, IanL

Postby craig8661 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:50 pm

thinking about it last year i was panicing with mine as i had to bang a screw driver throu the filter to get it to come undone i learned a good lesson last year and brought a filter wrench
grand vitara 2liter td 2002
craig8661
Addicted

Postby Richardinhoxne » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:04 pm

:D :D :D The last installment of the filter tale. Having got all the bits together, except a cup-type filter wrench, I eventually got round to my local garage hoping they would have the right fit wrench. No - only a chain wrench. With the car on the hoist, me on the top with an arm under the expansion tank and my hand on the filter, my mate underneath fed his small chain wrench up a small gap. I fed this onto the filter and he inched it round (fairly easily). Relief. Unscrewed the filter and promptly dropped it so mate has to turn it so I can get a finger in the the screw hole - all ok - out it comes. New filter - which is a Blueprint filter ADT32116, is screwed on no problem - then hand as tight as poss and all is well. The ADT filter has the same profile as the cup filter that Sealey supply for every car in the universe apart from Suzuki (VS7004-76.12) so if its tight to get off, I've got a cup wrench. Of course it hasnt stopped there, having bought a Halfords filter for the GV and found that Halfords only supply one cup wrench (for everything else but this filter) ive spent about four hours searching for one (its a 15 flute 74/6). Waiting for it to arrive - we'll see. Almost bought a set from Toolmart, but what do I want the other 14 for. all good fun R,
Richard
Richardinhoxne
Point of no return

Postby annsmuirbob » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:18 pm

I used the old method-stick screwdriver thro filter!It worked better than the oilfilter wrench I bought!!!
annsmuirbob

Previous

Return to Suzuki Grand Vitara (98-05)