Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

SEAT FOR BACK OF VAN

and other Light commercial Vehicle discussion forum

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

SEAT FOR BACK OF VAN

Postby cap43 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:09 am

I would like to fit 1 or 2 seat into the back of my carry, It/they would need to be removable as only needed occasionally, I am hoping that the wood based front seat type could be utilised, anyone have idea's ?? Also would there be any legal probs" -- manor of fitting seat belt - Leg room - insurance - Tax class, elf n safety aspects.
cap43
Point of no return

Re: SEAT FOR BACK OF VAN

Postby goldenhammerman » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:02 am

Really strange no-one has responded to this post from July 2014 as I'm on the lookout for a seat suitable for my 2003 (I think!) Carry Van.
I note that on E Bay recently (Now September 2017) there were at least 2 Crewbus Carrys for sale at quite high prices - there must be seats suitable though something I seem to recall from somewhere somewhere that the fitting of them may have to be 'passed' by someone to make sure they are safe and won't rip out in a collision, and possibly the seat belt anchorage points, and no doubt a notifiable alteration to DVLC perhaps ?
Feedback from other Carry owners please.
Richard H
goldenhammerman

Postby joypop » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:13 am

The Suzuki Every seats come in a bench type and a split two seat.
The bench type seat has the mounting bolts already fitted to the floor of Suzuki Carry GA413 , the split type seats needs four holes drilled to fit ( I have fitted this type to my Carry .
Really cheap to buy these used seats out of Japan , prices start at 15 GBP and they fit and fold flat in to the floor space in the Carry.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c616137792
Suzuki GA413 2002 model
Rover Mini Cooper 138hp
joypop
Point of no return

Postby goldenhammerman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:25 am

I,ve had a quick look at the website - sometimes the the English translation gets you somewhat confused and being unfamiliar with purchasing from abroad (I mean anywhere out of the EU) can you give me some pointers as to how to go about this - the immediate attraction is that the seats as you describe fold flat in the well when not in use which is ideal.
Any chance you might be able to source some images and post here ?
Richard H
goldenhammerman

Postby joypop » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:17 am

I can't post any pics at the moment.
There is a great company called Noppin , they will bid on the Yahoo auction for you and will forward the seat on to you in the UK and they pack items properly.
I have been using them for years now to get used parts out of Japan .

Buyee is another company , but I can't say anything good about them!

The seat you are after is from a" DA62V " model ,it's a van model .
" DA62W " is the wagon ,which has the split folding rear seats (these fold into the floor as well and are a lot more common ).

Here is a link for the DA62V rear seat -
http://www.noppin.com/portal_ya_details ... h286103621

There is a locking bracket (87870-76A00-000) for the seat when it is in the upright position that is bolted to the floor body , this is rarely sold with the seat in any of the auctions .You could ask Noppin to ask the seller if they maybe able to include it .If not you could get it from this web site -

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya- ... l-10301517

Or just get it made in the UK once you have got the seat ,it's a pretty simple bracket .

The biggest cost will be sending it to you from Japan, they may be able to send the DA62V seat via sea mail to get the cost down
Suzuki GA413 2002 model
Rover Mini Cooper 138hp
joypop
Point of no return

Postby cap43 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:03 pm

Thanks for the response ppl, I am still interested in a seat for 1 person, not bench type, so, maybe order together would help with the shipping cost, and help provide each other with valuable info on fitting/s.
I have noticed that MY 2005 carry has no apparent fixing holes for a rear seat belt top anchor bolt, I am assuming , that I would need to remove the roof lining and drill to fit the retaining bolt into the pillar, unless I could get away with just a lap restraint type seat belt, ?
The thought of the seat folding flat into the well is outstanding. If you can come up with any other info, it would be much appreciated,
cap43
Point of no return

Return to Suzuki Carry Van