Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

Fitting Door Switches

and other Light commercial Vehicle discussion forum

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

Fitting Door Switches

Postby oldvanman » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:07 am

G'day

I have been fairly busy and still doing lots of KMs.
New Years resolution is to do a few improvements to my van, so first up is to put switches on all the doors for the interior lights. My passengers have been complaining about getting in the dark.
A few tips of what I found.
The holes are there so I just had find some switches to fit. Door switches out of a Baleno are the same size but have a different connector. The Liana are the same as the Carry so I got 4 switches and plugs out of a dead car.
I also got a couple of lengths of light duty speaker wire out a another dead car to join the switches.
The headlining is glued in and I could not get it out without damaging it, however I was able to work around the edges.
On the drivers side I joined the rear door and side door, then spliced into the black wire in the harness just above the drivers door.
On the passengers side I joined the passenger door and side door, then spliced into the black wire in the harness just above the passengers door.
I also fitted a couple LED lights on the back door just inside the side lip and wired them into the rear switch as well. I put a diode in the line to the front lights so that the LEDS only light up if the rear door is opened.
It took a lot less time than I thought and the result is very good. I should have done it years ago.
Owner of
8 Carry vans
1 Carry Ute
7 GLX Balenos
2 Ignis
2 Holden Cruze (Ignis AWD)
1 Liana
Range Rover Vogue
3 LR Discoveries
4 Volvo 850
Volvo V70
Other Stuff: