Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

Front Cruise/Fog Lights

and other Light commercial Vehicle discussion forum

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

Re: Front Fog / Driving Lamps

Postby alanbirt » Mon May 17, 2010 9:59 am

[quote="WarblingOtter"] Once I have finished ply lining, flotex paneling the inside, fitting reversing sensors, T cuttting the complete bodywork and fishing with alloys I will post a picture.[/quote]

There is much useful information about ply-lining and other conversion matters in various other threads in the list on this forum which may be of interest to you.
Sqn Ldr Alan Birt [War-Disabled ex-Serviceman]
Owner of two Suzukis: a Celerio [16 reg]
and a Carry campervan [55 reg]; formerly
the owner of a Wagon R+ [52 reg]
alanbirt
Awesome

Re: Front Cruise/Fog Lights

Postby goldenhammerman » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:24 pm

I realise it's six years on from the last posting but I was looking at a Suzuki Jimny today that hasn't got fog/cruise lights fitted and see that the moulding in this area of the front panel has similar moulded Blanks for where these lights would fit as per the Super Carry and Wagon R - I also see that the light units for the Jimny are advertised relatively cheaply on Ebay (30th June 2016) and would ask if anyone has tried fitting Jimny Fog / Cruise lights to either the Super Carry or the Wagon R ??????
Richard H
goldenhammerman

Re: Front Cruise/Fog Lights

Postby goldenhammerman » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:28 pm

To answer my own query the lights off a Suzuki Jimny of about the same year as a Carry have a similar method of mounting as the Carry but are not the same. The Carry has three mounting points where clips can be fitted and the Isosceles tringle formed by the mounting points are approximately 8" (the 2 long sides) and 4" the short side. The mounting points are not on a level plane but one could make up brackets out of aluminium sheeting and mount standard fog lights quite easily - The wiring is a different matter. I have a friend who is a bus/coach (PSV) electrician and I'll see how he suggests wiring these lights into the existing circuits.
I have attempted to add image of a 2003 Jimny Fog Light and the bracket.
Attachments
JIMNY OS SPOT 3.JPG
JIMNY OS SPOT 3.JPG (248.24 KiB) Viewed 977 times
JIMNY OS SPOT 2.JPG
JIMNY OS SPOT 2.JPG (228.65 KiB) Viewed 977 times
goldenhammerman

Previous

Return to Suzuki Carry Van