Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

Romford Suzuki - avoid

Have you had a good experience or perhaps you have had a bad one and wish to share? Let us know!
This also allows dealerships to post up any special offers or respond to any posts.

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

Romford Suzuki - avoid

Postby Graham N » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:50 am

Avoid this dealer at all costs.

They are a bunch of crooks.

After indicating that they would be wiling to purchase our GV X-EC automatic we are so disillusioned with, after contacting them they offered a derisory figure that was £3500 less than the price they sold the car to us for only two months previously!

Just one telephone call to another Suzuki dealer produced a price £1000 up on Romford.

I fully expected to lose money selling back to a dealer but not £3500 in two months and especially not to the dealership we bought the thing from.

Graham N
Graham N
Point of no return

Postby Graham N » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:33 am

knowlzy.

In reply to your post which now appears to have gone?

Thank you for your version of events.

As you correctly say, there are indeed two sides to every story, so please allow me to elaborate on our experience with Romford Suzuki.

We purchased the vehicle from you in November 2010 and shortly after it became apparent that it was hopelessly underpowered and unsuitable for the area in which we live and obviously we did not and do not partition any blame to Romford Suzuki for this. However, within a few weeks I noticed something wrong with the twin bumper conversion and arranged for the vehicle to be inspected by a local Suzuki dealership in Dorset (where we live) as obviously it did not make sense to drive 150 miles to take it back to you at Romford. The aftesales manager went through the claim with me and we left the vehicle with them while they attempted to find the cause of the problem. They concluded that the bumper conversion had not been fitted properly from new but that it would require further investigation to confirm this was the case, there was absolutely no mention of the cause of the fault being due to any impact, which certainly, while the car was in our care was not an issue. The bumper assembly was totally unmarked but did not align and was loose on one side.

On contacting Romford Suzuki, the Dorset dealership was informed by the person they spoke to that Romford Suzuki had not fitted the bumper conversion (a strange denial as they were the original supplying dealership and the accessories had all been fitted from new). Following many phone calls by us (several of which were not returned) and the Dorset dealership to you yourself at Romford, it was eventually confirmed that Romford Suzuki had fitted the bumper conversion from new. The local dealership then requested that Romford pay them for the time involved to enable them to completely remove the entire bumper/exhaust assembly to determine exactly what the cause of the fault was and this was refused by Romford Suzuki.

By this time, other faults were beginning to show, including pieces of the bodyside protection moulding becoming unstuck, silver garnish wearing from the gear lever and the interior light failing, all of which were relatively minor and all were dealt with under warranty. It was at this time that we decided to sell the vehicle and approached Romford Suzuki with a view to buying the vehicle back and were offered £3,500 less than we had paid for it. You will notice that as we purchased it from you in November, two months on from this is still Winter (in most peoples opinion) and as such had no bearing on the derisory figure we were offered.

The claim on the bumper/exhaust assembly fault was not dropped, Suzuki GB requested we take it to yet another dealership to ask for their opinion but we sold the vehicle on due to being totally disillusioned with it before this could be arranged.

You state that Romford Suzuki have twenty five years experience and that you pride yourself on customer satisfaction but unfortunately you showed very little inclination to ensure our satisfaction with the vehicle we purchased from you.

I do not expect anyone to judge Romford Suzuki, all I can base our dissatisfaction on is the way we were treated by your garage at the time.

I note that you apologise for the inconvenience caused and we accept this and wish to move on, the vehicle in question has thankfully gone, we have another GV, this time an SZ5 but it will definitely be the last Suzuki we will own, ending twenty years of exclusive Suzuki ownership.

Graham N
Graham N
Point of no return

Return to Suzuki Dealerships