Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

Cappo Clutch

The 1991-1997 Suzuki Cappuccino. Suzuki's diminutive, turbo-charged, hard top convertible.

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade, IanL

Cappo Clutch

Postby beveldrive » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:18 am

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, but have been viewing from a distance for some time!
My Daughter has owned here Cappuccino for a couple of years and apart from some minor niggles it has been a great FUN car! However, recently it has developed what I think is a clutch problem.....and guess who does the maintenance?!!

First gear is getting more difficult to engage, and I have noticed that gear changes on the move are difficult to achieve smoothly. My questions are:
Is the clutch adjustable
Is it a 2-man lift to get the engine out
Has anyone done a clutch change and can offer any tips!
Best regards
Steve
beveldrive

Postby IanL » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:03 am

Yes, the clutch is adjustable - there should be between 2 and 4 mm free travel at the operating arm - adjust the nut at the end of the arm as necessary.

Another source of difficult gearchange (usually 2nd) can be cured by using a good synthetic oil in the gearbox. See this thread:

http://www.suzuki-cappuccino.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3531
IanL
Awesome

Postby ClubCappo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:30 pm

Just to add to what Ian has said there is no need to take the engine out to do the clutch on the Cappo. The gearbox isn't that heavy by all accounts as a few of our members have done this on their drive and can be done by one person but obviously an extra pair of hands is always useful. All this reminds me that I really should fit mine, although it's only shown signs of needing it for the past two years :lol:
ClubCappo - The home of the Cappuccino Owners Club

www.clubcappo.co.uk
ClubCappo
Addicted

Postby superstevie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:51 pm

I have this problem. What would a garage charge to do this for me? Im ok at doing small stuff but not taking gearboxes out!
SuperStevie
superstevie

Postby ClubCappo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:56 pm

I was quoted £140 to fit a self supplied clutch. Still haven't got round to getting it done either. :roll:
ClubCappo - The home of the Cappuccino Owners Club

www.clubcappo.co.uk
ClubCappo
Addicted

Return to Suzuki Cappuccino