Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

Exclusive Low Rates on Car Finance. Buy your car from any dealer. Apply with Carfinance247.

MOT

The Suzuki Splash is the new supermini from Suzuki which entered the UK market in spring of 2008.

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

MOT

Postby DC3 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:28 pm

Mot time again only problem was a broken front coil spring on drivers side,not bad for 8 years I suppose.Mind you its only done 22,000 miles.I have no idea when it happened as I have felt nothing and never noticed any difference when driving.Will have to think about another car this year. :) :) :)
DC3
The Welcome Party

Re: MOT

Postby IanL » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:35 am

DC3 wrote:Will have to think about another car this year.

Why? My GV has done 80k and is 19 years old - still my daily driver. All it's needed apart from consumables is a MAF sensor (from a scrappy), a couple of rubber mounts, an exhaust downpipe (fitted stainless replacement system) and a radiator. Now worth about £500 on a lucky day, and I wouldn't part with it.
IanL
Awesome

Re: MOT

Postby firefly » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:27 pm

Interesting that DC3's Splash was found to have a broken road spring at this year's MOT, because my Agila B had the same fault at last years MOT. The mileage was about 8,000 more, but the fault was also on the driver's side and I too have no recollection of doing anything which could have caused it.

I put it down to appalling local potholes and the fact that, to go anywhere at all, I have to go over at least 2 speed bumps. The drop link from the anti-roll bar was also replaced due to a split boot. This year, the drop link on the passenger side has also been replaced.

Obviously, I can't help wondering how common front suspension faults are on this vehicle
firefly

Return to Suzuki Splash