Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

MOT

The Suzuki Splash is the new supermini from Suzuki which entered the UK market in spring of 2008.

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

MOT

Postby DC3 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:28 pm

Mot time again only problem was a broken front coil spring on drivers side,not bad for 8 years I suppose.Mind you its only done 22,000 miles.I have no idea when it happened as I have felt nothing and never noticed any difference when driving.Will have to think about another car this year. :) :) :)
DC3
The Welcome Party

Re: MOT

Postby IanL » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:35 am

DC3 wrote:Will have to think about another car this year.

Why? My GV has done 80k and is 19 years old - still my daily driver. All it's needed apart from consumables is a MAF sensor (from a scrappy), a couple of rubber mounts, an exhaust downpipe (fitted stainless replacement system) and a radiator. Now worth about £500 on a lucky day, and I wouldn't part with it.
IanL
Awesome

Re: MOT

Postby firefly » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:27 pm

Interesting that DC3's Splash was found to have a broken road spring at this year's MOT, because my Agila B had the same fault at last years MOT. The mileage was about 8,000 more, but the fault was also on the driver's side and I too have no recollection of doing anything which could have caused it.

I put it down to appalling local potholes and the fact that, to go anywhere at all, I have to go over at least 2 speed bumps. The drop link from the anti-roll bar was also replaced due to a split boot. This year, the drop link on the passenger side has also been replaced.

Obviously, I can't help wondering how common front suspension faults are on this vehicle
firefly

Return to Suzuki Splash