Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

2015-2017

The Suzuki SX4 S-Cross forum. A car in it's own league, so it needed it's own forum.

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

2015-2017

Postby Newsuzuki » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:33 pm

Now gone and replaced with a v70.

The s cross was good on fuel with loads of room and good standard equipment but was sluggish and poorly screwed together. I've never driven a new car with so many rattles from the dash and drivers window moving in the frame it drove me mad on rough roads.

I would buy another but only when they come down so much in price it would be a great second hand bargain.

We still have the celerio which given the 6k price tag I think it is a great car.
Alto
Newsuzuki
Point of no return
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: 2015-2017

Postby ladypenelope » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:59 pm

Newsuzuki wrote:Now gone and replaced with a v70.

The s cross was good on fuel with loads of room and good standard equipment but was sluggish and poorly screwed together. I've never driven a new car with so many rattles from the dash and drivers window moving in the frame it drove me mad on rough roads.

I would buy another but only when they come down so much in price it would be a great second hand bargain.

We still have the celerio which given the 6k price tag I think it is a great car.


Shame about your S cross; it is the sort of car I might have gone for it's mu sort of motor.

Though mine is not the base model I do agree that the Celerio is a cracking buy.

With how things are going though I cannot see myself parting with my Pajero anytime soon. it is a hard act to follow despite its age. It is a truly go anywhere type of motor from traffic to Lord knows what.
ladypenelope
Addicted
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:25 am

Re: 2015-2017

Postby Newsuzuki » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:21 am

ladypenelope wrote:
Newsuzuki wrote:Now gone and replaced with a v70.

The s cross was good on fuel with loads of room and good standard equipment but was sluggish and poorly screwed together. I've never driven a new car with so many rattles from the dash and drivers window moving in the frame it drove me mad on rough roads.

I would buy another but only when they come down so much in price it would be a great second hand bargain.

We still have the celerio which given the 6k price tag I think it is a great car.


Shame about your S cross; it is the sort of car I might have gone for it's mu sort of motor.

Though mine is not the base model I do agree that the Celerio is a cracking buy.

With how things are going though I cannot see myself parting with my Pajero anytime soon. it is a hard act to follow despite its age. It is a truly go anywhere type of motor from traffic to Lord knows what.


I do like a Paj, even more so when they been modded for some extreme off road.

The s cross will make a great second hand bargain and I bet the price starts to nose dive in a year or so as more of the newer cars come off pcp deals. A fully kitted auto sz5 would make a great used buy in a few years.

For the next few years we will be driving a 4c chasis auto v70 d5, so we will no longer have the issue of all of our suitcases not fitting in but will have the issue of £285 tax, ouch.

The Celerio will take up most of the local duties now.
Alto
Newsuzuki
Point of no return
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: 2015-2017

Postby ladypenelope » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:00 pm

Newsuzuki wrote:will have the issue of £285 tax, ouch.

The Celerio will take up most of the local duties now.


Ironically you may have spotted elsewhere that my Celerio is mostly for the longer runs at the moment.
Don't get me wrong, the Paj is great for long runs but uses a lot of fuel and is getting a little elderly so I notice it struggling more these days. On the other hand I am happy to zoom along the motorway in the Celery at the speed limit with complete abandon.
And yes, the tax is "ouch". That would pay for the insurance on any of my motors.
ladypenelope
Addicted
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:25 am


Return to S-Cross

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests