Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

City Version

Introduced in the UK January 2015.

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

City Version

Postby leeming » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:13 pm

:) Tomorrow I pick up the latest addition to our family...a new Celerio City. Since I retired we have found the need again for a car each so taking delivery of this little car to go with our present Vitara. Looking forward to many happy years together as we have owned 2x SX4s, an Scross and the Vitara and only had failure of the front left abs sensors in the last SX4 and the Scross...never missed a beat engine wise hence the latest purchase. Before I am asked why not 1st sept it is bacause I am not one to worry about the reg date just the value for money. I got a very good deal (£1K) discount for a car that had just been delivered to the dealer so am happy. I did test drive a used 15 reg but had done 33k mostly up and down to england so decided to go for a new car...after all it may be my last new car!
leeming
The Welcome Party

Re: City Version

Postby ladypenelope » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:15 pm

leeming wrote::) Tomorrow I pick up the latest addition to our family...a new Celerio City.

Nice one. Welcome to the Celerio family. :D
The City comes with some nice add-ons as standard.
What colour is it?
Seems like a number of us are getting these as the oldies motor and it's a good choice with it.
Even with my auto I am still getting 61+mpg.
ladypenelope
Addicted

Postby leeming » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 pm

Very happy with the car. It is the Cerulean Blue looks very smart. I found it very hard to drive it gently on the way home (75+ miles) as the car just wants to get up and go! MPG shows av 66.5 so am chuffed with that figure even more so as when I checked levels etc this evening I found that the tyres (Bridgstones) had only been set to 34psi all round..probably at the factory wherever that may be. I was surprised to find a USB port fitted, that is not listed for the City, but also that the underside of the bonnet and inside the engine compartment has no topcoat just undercoat...is this normal for the Celerio?
leeming
The Welcome Party

Postby alanbirt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:32 pm

In what way(s) does the new City car differ from the Celerio SZ2 ?
Sqn Ldr Alan Birt [War-Disabled ex-Serviceman]
Owner of two Suzukis: a Celerio [16 reg]
and a Carry campervan [55 reg]; formerly
the owner of a Wagon R+ [52 reg]
alanbirt
Awesome

Postby leeming » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:53 pm

The City version is based on the Z2 but has the Z3 alloys, Rear parking sensors and the Body side mouldings (Stops dings from doors). The rest is the same as Z2 with no Bluetooth or A/C. Prise is normally £400 over the SZ2.
leeming
The Welcome Party

Postby ladypenelope » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:16 pm

leeming wrote:Very happy with the car. It is the Cerulean Blue looks very smart. I found it very hard to drive it gently on the way home (75+ miles) as the car just wants to get up and go! MPG shows av 66.5 so am chuffed with that figure even more so as when I checked levels etc this evening I found that the tyres (Bridgstones) had only been set to 34psi all round..probably at the factory wherever that may be. I was surprised to find a USB port fitted, that is not listed for the City, but also that the underside of the bonnet and inside the engine compartment has no topcoat just undercoat...is this normal for the Celerio?

Blue, very nice. 8) 8)
It was one of two colours I wanted but seemed impossible at the time mainly because I wanted an auto which is a rare beast and wanted it before April 1st. As red was joint favourite I was happy.
These are pocket rockets and just seem to want to whizz along. It may be that its size adds to the feeling but despite that it is definitely a little shifter. Mine just loves 45 to 70 (Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean, know what I mean!!)
You can use the USB port for all sorts of gadgets now, it's a bonus. :wink:
If you read my posts on sound deadening you'll see that I bemoaned the poor paint coating not only in the engine bay but even underneath. I have some topcoat but there are definite areas of undercoat only under the hood.
The difference in noise reduction was dramatic when I ditched my Bridgestones. Even yesterday we were commenting on how quiet the car is compared to with the other tyres.
ladypenelope
Addicted

Postby alanbirt » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:14 pm

[quote="leeming"]The City version is based on the Z2 but has the Z3 alloys, Rear parking sensors and the Body side mouldings (Stops dings from doors). The rest is the same as Z2 with no Bluetooth or A/C. Price is normally £400 over the SZ2.[/quote]

Thank you for the information. That sounds good value for an additional £400. I bought a basic SZ2 at £6995 but paid an extra £250 for rear-parking sensors, and £200 for all the body mouldings (not just the doors). And you received 'posh' wheels as well.
Sqn Ldr Alan Birt [War-Disabled ex-Serviceman]
Owner of two Suzukis: a Celerio [16 reg]
and a Carry campervan [55 reg]; formerly
the owner of a Wagon R+ [52 reg]
alanbirt
Awesome

Postby leeming » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Road Runner is now "run in" having covered 670 miles so far. MPG AV figure is now at 67mpg! Most driving is on the A9 north of Inverness so really a B road! I agree that the engine has a great growl when under acceleration. In 3 weeks time we embark on the Military Museum trip to the far south to give the car a real run.
leeming
The Welcome Party

Postby PeterWestSussex » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:56 am

leeming wrote::) so decided to go for a new car...after all it may be my last new car!
Me likewise!
Having had written-off the new car I bought three years ago to my specification with every extra I wanted, I have bought a 2 year old car that had an on-the-road price of £22,350. True, I had to have a couple of extras that I would not have bothered with (glass opening sun roof for (£900) and I didn't get the 'City Braking' collision avoidance feature that I specified previously BUT I have got a virtually new car (less than 10k miles) for £12,500. That's a 44% discount!
So I don't think I (at 73) will ever be buying a new car again.
2004 WagonR+Auto was for my wife. She liked the auto (NO stop/start) so passed it on having served its purpose. Then our up! got written off (hit-and-run). So have replaced with a 10k miles 2-yr old auto POLO. Lovely, but oh dear, NOT the stop/start!
PeterWestSussex
Point of no return

Postby leeming » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:42 pm

Well I am a bit upset with my "Road Runner" after all the hype from Suzuki about how economical these cars are, I am now on my return trip back up north but find I cannot match the expected 62mpg av at all!! Well annoyed! I can only manage a measly 65mpg av! Yes I did say 65! How do I get it to use more fuel to match the expected mpg? Should I contact Suzuki to complain about false specs?
I am most impressed with this vehicle, very nippy on the motorways, comfortable too which is a surprise to drive for 8 hours and not have a sore back at all!
:D :D
leeming
The Welcome Party

Postby ladypenelope » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Sounds great!
ladypenelope
Addicted

Return to Suzuki Celerio