Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

OMP roll cage

Discuss the 1985-1999 MK1-MK3 Suzuki Swift and Swift GTi

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

OMP roll cage

Postby Swiftmotorsport » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:04 pm

I'll have for sale soon my full multipoint OMP roll cage (16points), it has double door bars and a double diagonal fitted between the rear stays, it also has a harness bar welded between the rear diags (new MSA reg for this year).
It is still fitted to my old shell and was fitted in 2005, never been crashed (despite the driver running out of talent many times).
I'll be removing it in the next 2 months, however the door bars (welded in) will be carefully ground away from the front legs/main hoop and will need to be re-welded back in place.

Of course anybody who's interested can have the bare shell free of charge with the cage still fitted! as and when I've finished stripping it and re-shelling into the new one.

£250 (with or without the shell!)
Drive with commitment or bloody go home!
Swiftmotorsport
Enthusiast

Re: OMP roll cage

Postby BobsaNob » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:57 am

Anybody taking this off your hands Andy???
BobsaNob
Point of no return

Postby dominator » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Hopfully I am, if he ever sends me the pics :wink:
dominator
Awesome

Postby Swiftmotorsport » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Doh,
sorry Garry, took the photo's last weekend n just forgot to send them to you :oops: , then been in Telford since Tuesday lunchtime at work.
I'll try to sort them in the morning now I've got a couple of days at home, however it'll have to fit in around building the new car as I've got an entry in for the 8th round of the National Asphalt Championship on the 30th Sept.
That last bit is an excuse if I forget :wink: !
Swiftmotorsport
Enthusiast

Postby dominator » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:00 am

No worrys mate, how far along are you with the swap?
dominator
Awesome

Postby Swiftmotorsport » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:58 am

Getting there,
shell's fully seam welded, cage/seat rails in, all the various mounting brackets (Saxo power steering ) rivnuts etc are in, braided brake lines and vertical hydraulic handbrake, race heater box, plumbed in extinguisher and battery box are all fitted. -6 fuel lines will be in by the end of today (Monday).
Interiors painted and hopefully by Wednesday evening the rear 1/4's and roof will be painted, then I can fit the flocked dash and start changing everything over from the old shell.
Not much to do before the 30th Sept between work, 10 days holiday in Majorca etc.
I actually have 15 days build time left and I want to shake the car down before then :?
Oh and not forgetting fitting the new cams/dial them in and spend a day at the rolling road getting the engine re-mapped!!
Swiftmotorsport
Enthusiast

Return to Suzuki Swift and Swift GTi (1985-1999)