Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

2010 Alto broke door handle

Discussion about Suzuki Altos

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

2010 Alto broke door handle

Postby old cruiser » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:55 pm

Guys just a heads up! be careful with the outer door handles on the 2009 onwards alto; flimsy buggers, Mrs couldn't get into the car this morning , whipped door card off this evening and the handle had snapped where the metal arm attaches to it , so for the time being taken the passenger one off and fitted that to the driver's door until we get the new one , Suzuki price £19.45 inc. what a state to get into eh!!
Cheers Pete
old cruiser
Point of no return

Re: 2010 Alto broke door handle

Postby Flange » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:46 am

Jeez, the UK price is a bit more benevolent than the NZ price - $140+GST.

After trying unsuccessfully with epoxies I went to the local panel beater who mixed up a two part polyurethane brew which fixed it just fine - it had withstood about 18 months service at the point where I sold the car. By memory it was a Polytek PT product or similar, and the job cost me a $15 donation to their smoko fund.
Flange
Point of no return

Postby castella » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:29 pm

Had a giggle today at an old Ka with a broken drivers door handle then within 30 minutes it happens on my '64 Alto. Wife to blame as I was only the passenger. Just the day before my dealer asked me to view a celerio with its (as he was so eager to point out) alloys and parking censors and £1000 off. I'll fix the door and keep the Alto thanks.
castella
Point of no return

Postby castella » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Collected new lock from dealer for £21 and took me 20 minutes to fit. Guy in parts said they were well stocked with locks as it was a common problem with Alto. Reassuring.
castella
Point of no return

Return to Suzuki Alto