Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

Carry prices are rising !

and other Light commercial Vehicle discussion forum

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

Carry prices are rising !

Postby alanbirt » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:01 pm

As mentioned in another thread, I have a permanent 'watch' on eBay for the Suzuki Carry and I usually receive an email notification every day of the current offers of these vans. It is not that I am interested in buying another one: I am very pleased with the Carry I have. I just like to keep up-to-date on what is being offered and the prices.

What I have noticed over the past six months is how the value of the Carrys on offer has been rising: indeed, one 2005 model in very good condition with low mileage was priced at only £1,000 less than I had paid for my new 55-reg Carry in Dec 2005 ! Some fairly decrepit and rusty examples are being offered at £1,500 to £2,000 !

The Suzuki Carry has become quite a rare vehicle now and there is no new equivalent available on the UK market. There was the Chinese near-copy being imported about ten years ago but that seems to have disappeared. There were many problems with this vehicle anyway.

Having just checked the DVLA website, I note there are 5,084 Carrys currently road-taxed, and on SORN 1,898. So at just over 7,000, it has become a fairly rare vehicle. At its peak, there were 15,579 Carrys in the UK so even then not a common vehicle. And now just under half of those are still around.
Sqn Ldr Alan Birt [War-Disabled ex-Serviceman]
Owner of two Suzukis: a Celerio [16 reg - so NIL
road-tax] and a Carry campervan [55 reg];
formerly the owner of a Wagon R+ [52 reg]
alanbirt
Awesome

Re: Carry prices are rising !

Postby IanL » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:31 pm

Second-hand prices of cars in general have soared, as new cars are hard to get, due to the chip shortage. Interesting that the effect has gone all the way down to 2005!
IanL
Awesome

Postby oldvanman » Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:46 am

Gday
I agree that all car prices are going up but the Carry prices are really going up and usually there are more wanted ads than there are Carrys for sale. We have findads.com.au and I get a notification every 24 hours of every Carry ute or van listed anywhere in Australia. Even the really high priced vans are usually sold by the time I get the notification.
2 years ago I bought a 2004 van with 40,000kms for $1800. I put it in the shed as a spare. I am sure it would sell quickly for $6000 but I am not going to.
Regards
Owner of
12 Carry vans
2 Carry Utes
7 GLX Balenos
2 Ignis
2 Holden Cruze (Ignis AWD)
1 Liana
1 Mahindra Pik-up 4wd ute.
Other Stuff:
40 Bedford CFs
2 Bedford TKs
Plus lots of other cars, vans, trucks.
oldvanman
Addicted

Postby oldvanman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:27 am

I am regularly seeing wanted ads for Carry vans and anytime a ute shows up it sells quickly.
Just saw this advert for a 2004 Suzuki Carry Ute with 108ks for $13,000 ...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cleveland/cars-vans-utes/suzuki-carry-ute/1288059991?utm_source=findads.com.au
Owner of
12 Carry vans
2 Carry Utes
7 GLX Balenos
2 Ignis
2 Holden Cruze (Ignis AWD)
1 Liana
1 Mahindra Pik-up 4wd ute.
Other Stuff:
40 Bedford CFs
2 Bedford TKs
Plus lots of other cars, vans, trucks.