Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

SPECS camera apps for android

Introduced in the UK January 2015.

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

Re: SPECS camera apps for android

Postby ladypenelope » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:23 pm

alanbirt wrote:I shall probably buy one of these instruments. Thank you for telling me about it.

I think you will love it.
It tells you what street you are on and it has a compass too.
Did I mention it shouts out about high risk areas - that may be for detector vans too.
I resent the way people who speed as little as in your case are treated like criminals. I actually feel speed limits should be advisory subject perhaps only to the national speed limit. So if you were to do 31 in a 30 zone it would only be taken into account if something happened whereas doing 65 in a 40 zone on a single carriageway would be subject to enforcement.
ladypenelope
Addicted

Postby alanbirt » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:23 pm

I have now ordered a 'MYspeed Snooper' using the eBay link provided above. I'll report on my experiences with the instrument in due course.
Sqn Ldr Alan Birt [War-Disabled ex-Serviceman]
Owner of two Suzukis: a Celerio [16 reg - so NIL
road-tax] and a Carry campervan [55 reg];
formerly the owner of a Wagon R+ [52 reg]
alanbirt
Awesome

Postby ladypenelope » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:52 pm

alanbirt wrote: I'll report on my experiences with the instrument in due course.

Looking forward to it! :D
ladypenelope
Addicted

Postby ladypenelope » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:37 pm

alanbirt wrote:I have now ordered a 'MYspeed Snooper' using the eBay link provided above. I'll report on my experiences with the instrument in due course.

Have you tried it yet?
ladypenelope
Addicted

Postby alanbirt » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:18 pm

I am currently on holiday in the Italian Tyrol, not in my campervan, having left home the day after the equipment was delivered so it is still in its box. I shall report in due course.

The weather here is surprisingly good -- today a temperature of 27C -- and I am 3,000 feet up in the mountains. It must be hotter down in the plain.
alanbirt
Awesome

Postby leeming » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:37 am

Mind the UV Rays! We could do with some of that heat up north! Have a good time!
leeming
The Welcome Party

Postby ladypenelope » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Still not back. :(
ladypenelope
Addicted

Postby alanbirt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:47 pm

When I arrived back from my holiday I found a huge pile of logs had been delivered on my driveway by a tipper-lorry. This is the fuel for my wood-burning stove. One advantage of living in a rural area is that such fuel is relatively cheap. I therefore had to spend several days stacking these in my wood store -- at my age this took much time as I have to rest frequently between sessions of physical work.

I find that in order to get the 'MYspeed snooper' in action it is necessary to download the operating program. I shall have to leave this for my elder son to do as I am not competent on anything but very basic computer actions.

[Please don't tell me it is easy to do. Younger people may well find it so but now in my eighties I know from experience that the task is likely to be beyond my competence. I've made a mess of such things many times previously ! ]
alanbirt
Awesome

Postby ladypenelope » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:56 am

alanbirt wrote: Younger people may well find it so but now in my eighties

Well now, I am not far behind you and have been retired 18 years!! But thanks for calling me younger. :roll: Actually the silver surfers are taking over. :shock:
It is a matter of downloading the software from the net which is reasonably straightforward and then plugging the contraption (do you like what I called it :lol: ) in to the PC. Like everything else the first time is the trickiest but if I were installing these every day I reckon it would be a 5 minute job.

I have become dependent on my Snooper. I went out for a longish trip the other day without it and felt naked. :wink:
ladypenelope
Addicted

Postby ladypenelope » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:32 am

Well.........have you tried it? :roll:
ladypenelope
Addicted

Previous

Return to Suzuki Celerio